MADISON, WI- The man who killed six people while driving through a Waukesha Christmas Parade last year was convicted on all counts Wednesday.
Judge Jennifer Dorow has read verdicts on all 76 charges against Waukesha Christmas Parade attack defendant Darrell Brooks. Guilty on all counts including six of 1st Degree Intentional Homicide While Using A Dangerous Weapon.
It took the jury a little over three hours to find Brooks guilty.
Brooks, dressed in a suit and tie, silently rested his head on folded hands as the verdicts were read.
Brooks drove his Ford Escape into the Christmas parade in Waukesha in suburban Milwaukee on Nov. 21 moments after fleeing a domestic disturbance with his ex-girlfriend, prosecutors said.
Among those killed were an 8-year-old boy, who was marching in the parade with his baseball team; three members of the Dancing Grannies, a group of grandmothers that dances in parades; Wilhelm Hospel, husband to a surviving Dancing Grannies member; and Jane Kulich. Other people were hurt, some severely.
Elected officials have taken to social media to address the news, including Governor Tony Evers. “We will not forget the loved ones, neighbors, and community leaders whose lives were taken, the hearts broken and the lives forever changed, the first responders and neighbors who ran to offer help in a time of great need, and the trauma and pain so many still endure every day.”
“The defendant’s despicable actions caused heartbreaking loss and pain. I am grateful to the many people who ensured that he was convicted and will face the consequences for his heinous crimes,” said State Attorney General Josh Kaul.
State Senator Ron Johnson said, Justice has been served for the victims and families of the Waukesha Christmas Parade massacre. I hope and pray this verdict will bring them some measure of peace and closure.”














Comments