Classes have been canceled today (Tuesday) for students at John Muir Elementary in Portage after a gas leak was discovered near the building overnight. Portage Community School District officials say the leak was detected at about midnight after someone smelled natural gas. The Portage Fire Department found the leak and school administrators decided to cancel class for the day. School officials are contacting staff and students about the gas leak and cancellation. Staff members are being asked to report to the Administration Building.