The Wisconsin Department of Transportation Northeast Region office announces upcoming traffic impacts associated with construction of the WIS 29/156 interchange project takin place in Brown and Shawano Counties. WIS 156 in the project work zone will be closed and detoured on Thursday, June 14th through early August 2018. This closure is necessary to construct a box culvert, replace several cross culverts, mill and overlay the asphalt, construct the new St. Augustine Road and WIS 156 intersection, place new shoulder gravel, and install new permanent signing and marking.
WIS 156 FULL CLOSURE AND DETOUR
- WIS 156 in Shawano and Brown Counties from WIS 55 to County Road Y will CLOSE to all thru traffic from June 14th to early August 2018.
- NO access will be allowed across the box culvert during construction. The box culvert is located about 1 mile east of WIS 55.
- Flaggers or short-term lane closures will be used to install the other cross culverts.
- Local and emergency access will be maintained to all residents and businesses.
- Posted Detour: Motorists will be directed to use WIS 55 to WIS 29