NBC 26's Matt Hoffman
NBC 26 Meteorologist, Matt Hoffman joined Morning Show Hosts Nick Shannon, on WTCH and Doug Rogers on Frog Country 92.3, to discuss severe weather season in our area.
Natalie Easterday – Shawano Co. Emergency Managment – Severe Weather Tips:
* Download the “Code Red” Ap (link is below).
* Keep Weather Radios on hand.
* Have a family plan of where you will go in the event of severe weather.
* Create an emergency kit.
Shawano County Emergency Managment:
Basic Emergency Kit:
- One gallon of water per person per day for at least three days.
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food, and ways to open packaging.
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio/Weather Radio with extra batteries.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- First aid kit.
- Whistle to signal for help.
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape.
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties.
- Wrench, pliers, and other tools needed to turn off utilities.
- Local maps.
- Cell phone with chargers, or wireless battery chargers for phones.
Sign-up for CodeRED Emergency Weather Warnings. To receive warnings right to your phone (cell or home), you can sign-up by clicking the image below. CodeRED utilizes the latest technology to quickly warn citizens which is a great compliment to your weather radio.
Official Ready.Gov’s Emergency Supply List: