Severe Weather Information
Natalie Easterday – Shawano Co. Emergency Managment – Severe Weather Tips:
* Download the “Code Red” Ap (link is below).
* Keep Weather Radios on hand.
* Have a family plan of where you will go in the event of severe weather.
* Create an emergency kit.
Shawano County Emergency Managment:
Basic Emergency Kit:
- One gallon of water per person per day for at least three days.
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food, and ways to open packaging.
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio/Weather Radio with extra batteries.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- First aid kit.
- Whistle to signal for help.
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape.
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties.
- Wrench, pliers, and other tools needed to turn off utilities.
- Local maps.
- Cell phone with chargers, or wireless battery chargers for phones.
Sign-up for CodeRED Emergency Weather Warnings. To receive warnings right to your phone (cell or home), you can sign-up by clicking the image below. CodeRED utilizes the latest technology to quickly warn citizens which is a great compliment to your weather radio.
Official Ready.Gov’s Emergency Supply List: