Shawano Police say an apartment caught fire when a woman who was cooking fell asleep. The city’s police and fire departments were dispatched to the 100 block of Prairie st on Wednesday. When officers arrived, they found smoke coming a ground floor apartment. Citizens were already assisting a 68-year-old woman out of the unit that was on fire. The officers helped get the woman outside and then went back into the building and evacuated the other departments. The fire department found the stove on fire and quickly knocked it down. The woman who was in the apartment that caught fire and a 37-year-old man from another apartment were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. Shawano Chief Dan Maul said in a press release that the fire caused about $3,000 worth of damage.