Photo Courtesy: Joey Clauson
Local Fire Departments responded to a fire on Main Street in Clintonville early Wednesday morning.
Assistant Fire Chief Todd Prellwitz says crews were called to the China King restaurant around 2 a.m., with reports of heavy smoke from the second floor. A family living above the restaurant escaped safely due to the use of a smoke detector.
Early reports indicate that the building has been destroyed, about 80 percent of the roof had collapsed, and smoke damage occurred in adjacent buildings.
The local Red Cross and Clintonville residents are now helping the family. Fortunately, no one else was in the building when the fire broke out, and no injuries have been reported.