Green Beans with Pecans, Red Peppers and Onions
- 1/4 C toasted pecans
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Toast Pecans in microwave.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil and par boil green beans. Only leave beans in 2-4 minutes depending on how thick the beans are. You just want them slightly tender
3. Rinse beans with cold water
4. Add butter to frying pan and saute onions and red peppers until tender.
5. Add in sugar, cover pan and allow sugar to caramelize. Stir occasionally
6. Add in green beans, garlic and pecans.
7. Stir to heat through and combine.